Spring Hill District Stadium
Spring Hill Unified School District in Spring Hill, Kansas, recently updated the sound reinforcement system for their district football stadium and track and field areas.
AVANT ACOUSTICS provided the following services:
- Sound reinforcement system design
- On-site system commissioning, including operator training and assistance during the first use
AVANT ACOUSTICS, in conjunction with Electronic Contracting Company, Inc., provided design+build services to deliver a very unique, turnkey solution, consisting of:
- Five three-way point-source loudspeakers covering the home seating area, two column-style loudspeakers covering the football field and visitor stands
- A subwoofer to provide bass reproduction for music playback
- A large long-throw loudspeaker for covering distant field events that could be controlled separately for various use cases.
The system has multiple input locations in the press box for microphones and line-level inputs for portable media players. It also has several wireless systems, including a remote music player input, handheld microphone for speech reinforcement from field and seating locations, and a headset microphone with referee switch for use during games.
This design allowed for flexible usage of the entire facility with very even coverage and high intelligibility.
Location: Spring Hill, Kansas
Facilities: Football Stadium
Client: Spring Hill Unified School District
Designer: John M. Hodgson